Sunday, November 11, 2012

I just need to concede....

I'm just going to have to accept that I am a horrible blogger.  I would really love to be more "on top" of this blog thing, but it just gets shoved down to the bottom of my to do list all the time.  I really hate that... something I'm going to work on!

Boy have the weeks passed since my blog has heard from me!  We are now 36 weeks and I couldn't be more excited.  It seems that I haven't been able to sleep (heartburn and generally uncomfortable) or eat (Katherine has been living somewhere between my stomach and lungs) for weeks now.  But PRAISE THE LORD, she has finally settled a little further south and I feel like I can breathe again.  Overall, I'm feeling pretty good!

Here goes the question list again...

How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain: I'd really rather not talk about it, but since we are all going to blame it on the baby, 17 pounds.  Ugh.  I guess I can't complain too much, but knowing I have weeks left I'm a little nervous.
Maternity clothes? Oh Lord yes!!  What did women do before maternity clothes??
Stretch marks? I think there are a few new additions and one obvious new one... guess you can't escape battle without a few new scars.
Sleep: It seems that sleep may be on the up-and-up finally!  Now that Katherine has dropped a little and my stomach has some room, the heartburn has toned down.  That was the biggest problem with sleep, so now if I can find a comfortable position (HA!) I will get a full nights sleep.
Best moment this week: Best moment 2 weeks ago was the first time our housekeeper came over and cleaned.  Holy shananigans batman!!  That woman can clean!!  Our house sparkled and it made me so happy.  Best moment coming up... she comes back again on Tuesday :)
Miss anything? What I would give for some wine and sushi...
Movement: The movement for a while was insane.  It seemed like she wiggled all the time.  Now it seems like she has some sleep cycles down.  There's also less room for her to boogie, so that has helped too.  But she still moves regularly and plenty.  It's just not the Tae-Bo that she was doing before!
Food cravings: Even though some of you will cringe, I will go ahead and admit that I stop by Starbucks almost every morning to get their Pumpkin Spice Latte.  I know I know... save the lecture.  But it's divine and it keeps me going.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope :)  Thank goodness.
Gender: It's still a girl as far as we know!  We did have a friend tell us he had a dream that we ended up having a little boy, but I seriously doubt that.
Labor Signs: Nothing real.  She has dropped so that's a good sign.  And I've been having more Braxton-Hicks contractions.  Nothing big though. 
Symptoms: Heartburn has improved but the general discomfort is definitely worse.  But it's totally worth it :)  My lower back just kills me most evenings, but it's nothing a little Flexeril can't help :)
Belly Button in or out? In, I never got an "outie" with K-bug either.
Wedding rings on or off? I had to retire the wedding ring a couple of weeks ago.  I ordered a fake from Overstock.com for $25 and it's hilarious how many compliments I get on it!  It's gaudy and awful and I really love it.  But I'm ready to be able to wear my real, beautiful ring again soon.
Happy or Moody most of the time: TIRED but happy. Chad might still say moody if I wasn't around though! Ha.
Looking forward to: My next OB appointment. It is this coming Friday and I'm stoked.  With Kaelynn, I was already dilating and effaced at this appointment so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

In other news, Kaelynn changes daycare this week.  Friday was her last day at her old daycare and it was bittersweet for me.  Even though putting her in daycare was one of the hardest things to do, I've grown to really appreciate the workers and have become fond of it myself.  She never cries when I leave her and she always seems to be happy there.  I hope we have the same luck with this new daycare.  The new one is a private, Christian daycare and are also a private school through the 3rd grade.  Chad and I have both been very impressed with the facility and everyone we have talked to.  Say an extra prayer for us Tuesday morning as Kaelynn will meet her new classmates and teachers for the first time.  I hope and pray she adjusts well.  The other bonus is it's literally two blocks from my office.  That's the part that I love the most!

Chad is doing great.  He is still doing all sorts of trading/buying/selling of guns, knives and coins.  There's always something going on with that and some deal he's trying to work out.  He seems to really love it and has turned a small amount of cash into quite a few, much more expensive, items by trading up! 

We are looking forward to going to my grandmothers for an early Thanksgiving this coming weekend.  Our whole family meets at her house and we always have a great time.  It's an insane amount of people in a small house, but the amount of love there is life changing.  It's probably one of my most favorite moments of the year.

We probably won't be going anywhere on actual Thanksgiving since I will be 37 weeks then.  I figure it's better to stay reasonably close to my OB in case Katherine decides to make an early appearance.  My mom and stepdad are coming down to have Thanksgiving with us and I'm super super super excited.  This will be the first time I've hosted my mom for Thanksgiving.  Wish me luck!  I'm already cheating and ordered a smoked turkey from Rudy's.  LOL

Well, that's all for now.  Kaelynn is tucked snugly in bed and this tired mom and dad are not far behind.

Goodnight all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment