Friday, August 17, 2012

23 Weeks TODAY!

Ok, so I know I promised I would be better about this whole blogging thing.  I really did not intend on being a liar!!  This summer has been sooooooo busy.  But I have finally finished my masters degree - WOOOHOOO!!!!  Praise the Lord.  I thought this day would never get here. 

In other news, we recently got back from our trip to California to see Chad's family.  It was a wonderful trip.  I had to come back early to attend a review course for my certification exam and to be in town for a job interview (score!).  Leaving my family in California was one of the hardest things I've ever done.  I've never been away from K-bug for that long, especially with her being half a country away!!  Ugh, I get a lump in my throat just thinking about it.  It was so wonderful meeting them at the airport when they came home.  Southwest was kind enough to give me a pass to go back to the gate, so I was able to meet them when they got off the airplane.  What a wonderful feeling to have my daughter and husband back in my arms!! 

We are getting back to our regular grind next week.  Chad starts back to work after a very awesome leave, K-bug will get back into the swing of things at daycare, and I will........ start my new job Monday!!!!  Yep, it's true folks.  I was hired for my first job as a RN/NP.  I'm so happy.  It was my first job choice and I'm super excited.  I think the folks at the clinic are awesome and I've never been so excited to have a job before.  Please feel free to say a prayer that everything goes smoothly and I transition into the office well.  I really think I will. 

In baby news, we are 23 weeks today.  I cannot believe we are over halfway there!  It's exciting and terrifying all in one.  I'm really feeling great and don't have too many complaints yet.  I guess I will save that for the 3rd trimester when I get super uncomfortable.  Here's an update on our last question list!

How far along? 23 weeks today
Total weight gain: 7 pounds, not too bad for over halfway done!
Maternity clothes? We broke out the maternity clothes quite a few weeks ago.  Even with K-bug I seemed to get very queasy with any sort of pressure on my tummy... same this time around.  Surprisingly, I still don't seem to be noticably pregnant in my work/business clothes, but I am obviously pregnant in my other attire.  My new bosses, even though we've spent many hours together, were surprised when I told them I was pregnant.  I couldn't believe they hadn't noticed yet... MEN!  ;) 
Stretch marks? I can't see anything obviously new yet, but I do feel like they're sneaking up on me.  I've been taking my fish oil again and have been more religious about the lotion.  I hope this really helps in the upcoming months.
Sleep: Still not great.  Now I'm starting to get reflux and heartburn!  Pregnancy is a lose-lose battle when it comes to sleep for me.  Tums on my nightstand and a couple of extra pillows make things a little more bearable though.
Best moment this week: Lots of things!  A job intervew, a OB appointment, picking my husband & daughter up from the airport, and getting my first RN/NP job!!  What a week!!!
Miss anything? Good sleep and my old clothes!  Still.  And sushi.
Movement: Ah yes.  My favorite part.  She mostly moves at night when I'm laying in bed trying to go to sleep.  It's absolutely my favorite thing about pregnancy, but it's terribly distracting when I'd also love to fall asleep.
Food cravings: Oddly enough, I'm not really hungry for anything.  There for a few weeks, I couldn't get enough of the supreme crossant from Jack in the Box.  What's really funny is that I kind of hate Jack in the Box!  So I have no idea what got into me.  But I'm pretty much over that now.  Now I don't really care and not much sounds good.  But I still get pretty crabby when I get hungry so Chad just feeds me whatever and I'm happy.  However, while we were in CA, Chad's mom made some killer clam chowder and the fish-n-chips at the harbor were also awesome.  Those were definitely two of my favorite meals lately.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope :)  Thank goodness.
Gender: It's a GIRL!!  We've known for weeks now and I'm sure all our friends and family already know too.  This is super exciting because we've had so much fun with K-bug AND we already have a ridiculous amount of girl stuff that we stored!  Woohoo for planning ahead!  ;) 
Labor Signs: Goodness NO!
Symptoms: I'm feeling the 2nd trimester bliss.  Things really are going great.  I'm growing and occasionally uncomfortable but really great.  Sleeping is kind of an issue, but I know it's not getting any better (until December 10th anyway).  I know the reflux/heartburn is only going to get worse so I'm trying not to dwell on it too much.
Belly Button in or out? In, I never got an "outie" with K-bug either.
Wedding rings on or off? On :) but super tight
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. Chad might say moody if I wasn't around though! Ha.
Looking forward to: My next OB appointment. I love seeing the baby and hearing that quick little heartbeat.  Chad wasn't able to go to this last one since he was in CA, but I hope he can go with me next time.

Well, I think that's all for now.  I am going to try to be better this time!!  We will see if it happens ;)

Goodnight friends

No comments:

Post a Comment